New Webite for Veterans will be live by Veterans Day

The Arizona Foundation for Legal Services and Education ( has developed an excellent new website  called Law for Veterans ( which is designed to provide information for veterans and those who are seeking to help them.  I was honored to have been asked to provide an article, which is reprinted below.

Simplified Forms to Request VA Benefits

In order for a veteran to obtain the benefits to which he is entitled, he must first complete the correct form.

Before submitting a claim for any benefits, the veteran must have her Certificate of Release or Discharge  from Active Duty, or DD-214.  Veterans or their family members can request a certified copy of this form by submitting Form SF- 180 to the National Archives.  It is also easy to request the records online, at www.

Now that the VA expedites claims that are submitted as “fully developed,” it is more important than ever to make sure the proper form is filled out correctly. The VA has made it much easier for her to complete the proper form, through the development of “fillable pdfs.”

Some of the most frequently requested forms for requesting benefits are:

Form 26-1880 – VA Home Loan Certification

Form 10-10EZ – Application for Health Benefits

Form 21-526EZ – Veteran’s Application for Disability Compensation and Related Benefits

Form 21-527EZ – Veteran’s Application for Pension Benefits (including the Aid and Attendance Supplement)

Form 21-534EZ – Surviving Spouse’s our Child’s Application for Death Pension, Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC), and/or Accrued Benefits

Form 21-22a – Appointment of Individual as Claimant’s Representative

Form 21-2680 – Medical Examination for Housebound Status or Permanent Need for Regular Aid and Attendance

Form 21-4142  – Consent to Release Medical Information to the VA

Form 40-1330 – Application for Standard Government Headstone or Marker

All forms are available a  Veterans and family members can also get copies of the forms, as well as help completing them, from their state Department of Veterans’ Services and many other veterans’ services organizations.

Speak Your Mind